Monday, July 6, 2009

Anecdotes

In a business meeting with a client in my hotel room at patna...

Me: what will you have sir?
Client: Nothing. I just had my breakfast.
Me: Atleast Tea or Coffee
Client: Hmm okay..

Me: (calling room service) Room no 406. can you fetch tea or coffee?
RS(Bihari): Hain???kya??
Me :chai ya coffee milegi?
RS : Mil to jaayegi. Laate hain.
Me :Dono mat lana ..ek he lana jo bhi hai.
RS: ok

Me: (Hungry after 10 mins) Biryani milegi
RS: han miljaayegi,laate hain
Me :accha chai bola tha laye nahi.
RS : Haan sir bola tha. Par doodh nahi hai.
Me: batay kyon nahi.(to client) would you have something else??
Client : Fresh lime soda
ME : Please get me fresh lime soda.
RS :Nahi milega. sirf nimbu paani hai soda nahi hai.
Me : !!!!! (embarrased) will you have something else.
Client :..anything!!
ME : Mirinida hai?
RS : nahi thumbs up hai..layein?
ME. jo bhi hai lao.

RS guys come to my room with a bottle of sprite. I ha that inquisitive look on my face..And am sure he wanted to say....sir yeh thanda hee to hai!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

patna mein ka ka hota rehta hai!!I was sitting amidst my collegues in a serious discussion, simlutaneously going through this post.and man..I grinned and how..the grin waiting to burst into a long laughter :p absolutely hilarious!

- partner in crime!