Monday, July 6, 2009

Anecdotes

Last week I came for a romantic sojourn in patna. I was conveyed here by nice 2 tier boggie. The so called elite of the train..the elite of a limited universe. Actually its better to be an elite persona in a limited universe, than a pedestrian millionare in a downtown area..
Anyways coming back to the platform...I was completely loaded. a back pack, my guitar, a massive suitcase and the narrow aisle in train. It was an ardous tast to get all of it to the main platform.. A coolie approached me proffering his service..and what a look of attitude and supercilliousness he had..with that naughty smirk on his face when he saw me fiddlig with the luggage.. I gave it back to him....A smile grew on my face to...when i pulled the lever and brought the wheels of the suitcase to life..Effortlessly i was able to drag it along the platform.Within that moment of triumph..i saw the coolie disppointed...his "bony" had gone..
Machines were invented to make our task easier. Wheels were used to make our work simpler but not to snaffle them right away from someone..Irony it seems but true..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sad but true...technology versus physical labour.. an ongoing conflict since the very evolution of human kind. I hope we reach a balanace someday...and everyone gets their due right.
-khamakha